food of the day

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Tarbush, Ampang Point

After shooting at Dataran De Palma, while waiting for my boyfriend to fetch me, I loitered around Ampang Point and saw a big banner with the irresistable lunch set images. I went into this Tarbush Restaurant (next to KFC), and found a place near the glass door. Sitting alone and checking out on the menu, lastly, I had chosen the set lunch of Nasi Briyani with Chicken (with chillies and sour sauce and some salad without any sauce) and it comes with a very refreshing and sour Ice Lemon Tea. The set is only RM 9.90++ and you can choose either chicken or Dory Fish. I dun like fried fish and wanted to have more traditional nasi briyani, therefore, I had chosen the chicken. The set was so cheap so I added a Caramel Cream RM 6 ++. The Caramel does not look so smooth as per the picture inside the menu but the taste is not bad.Total bill is RM 18.00++. Nice and filling lunch. Set lunch is valid from 11.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday only. FYI, this branch is solely owned by different bosses from the one in Jln Bkt Bintang and KLCC. Therefore, the price is cheaper compare with the other two. Nice service too but the cutlery and napkin is not so clean.


Nasi Briyani with Chillies Chicken. You must be wondering whether is the portion of the rice is big or the chicken is too small. The answer is the chicken is too small. I like the nasi briyani especially when I ate with the chillies sour sauce from the chicken. The chicken is too small and the meat is abit tasteless. Compare with what I had last time in the same restaurant but not set, the chicken is bigger and it was rendang chicken, not chillies chicken. The salad should put vinegar or lemon juice or some dressing or else, it is just an ordinary vege.


Ice Lemon Tea. Can you see some curry mark on the tissue (napkin)? I quickily change another set. The Ice Lemon Tea is very refreshing after having no water for so many hours. The taste is a bit too sour but I like it.
Caramel Cream. The picture of Caramel Cream in the menu is so smooth. Those that I had all the while from other restaurant is also very smooth but this is so rough looking. The portion is as big as my palm and the taste of caramel is nice. Not too sweet. I like it. But I will try the another pudding liked dessert such as Mango De Longan RM 5, Bakawala RM 5(if I'm not mistaken. This is a milk pudding) and also others (any fruit) de longan all RM 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home